2014-09-25 LG Minutes

22 10 2014

Minutes of the FUUCSL Leadership Group Meeting

Date: 2014-09-25

Zyzzy called the meeting to order at 5:43 pm SLT

Present: Zyzzy, Et, Sofia, Dav0

Absent: Tee, Bel, Peter

Observing: (none)

Old Business

Minutes – Zyzzy

  • Previous minutes’ approval moved, seconded, and carried.

Treasurer’s Report – Sofia

Treasurer’s report August 31, 2014 – Year to date

ASSETS July 31, 2014 August 31 31, 2014
Magic’s account L$36,723 L$41,792
Byk’s account L$19,503 $1247.89 L$43,003 $842.73
KIVA: $475 $475
Total Assets L$19,526 $1722.89 L$84,795 $1317.73
Presenters: L$23,000 L$27,500
Rent: L$175,000 L$250,000
Advertising: L$1400 L$1800
Total Expenses L$199,400 L$279,300
Plate collections: L$40,328 L$44,397 Includes library
Pledge payments: L$89,850 L$114,850 L$114,850
Total Income L$130,178 L$159,247
Membership 68 68
  • In October I will send out reminders to those who have not fully paid their pledges. There is L$28,900 in outstanding pledges.

  • When Do we Run Out of Money

    Assets: We currently have $843.73 and L210,930. Expressed in Lindens, our asset balance is L295,725.

    Calculation of deficit rate for 2014

    2014 income projection

    plate = 1.33(44397) = 59048

    pledges = 114850 + ½ (28900) = 129300

    Total: 188348

    2014 expense projection

    presenters = 1.33(27,500) = 36,575

    rent 25,000/month = 300,000

    advertising 2400

    Total: 338975

    Deficit: 150,627/yr or 12,552/month (roughly $50 per month)

    Projection: At this deficit rate, our assets will be exhausted in 23.5 months, roughly July/August 2016.

    If we liquidate the Kiva investment of $475, that would extend the period by 9.5 months, June of 2017.

    For next month’s Leadership Group, Sofia will provide an analysis of pledge giving.

  • Possible actions include raising the default plate amounts, reducing the rent payments, getting more rent from elsewhere, adjusting the leader stipends. moving to Kitely.

UUtopia Report – Zyzzy

  • dav0 rented another 2048
  • Therru is back and current.
  • Peter still wants to expand
  • dav0 suggested that we make it easier to rent. There are practical difficulties in that.
  • A discussion ensued about what would work to increase rentals.

LG Email List – Zyzzy

  • We agreed that Z would add everyone and ensure that it works.

Outreach – Et

  • He’s trying to get a “minister’s letter” for the UUA Related Organization paperwork. Having trouble getting together with Beacon.
  • Meg Riley (CLF Senior Minister) has been paying attention to our progress in this.
  • Sofia will update our classified ad

Library Report – Bel

  • Deferred until next meeting.

Worship Report- Tee

  • Tee, Dav0 and Sofia led this month. Peter on 9/25
  • Our attendance is between 10-15 a service
  • Et and Tee are working on recruiting guest speakers

Google – Peter

  • Deferred until next meeting.

New Business

Interfaith Prayer Network – Peter

  • Deferred until next meeting.

Attracting More People

  • Drum circle after service?
  • Dance club?

The meeting was adjourned at 6:19 pm SLT